Applicants must be highly motivated, possess good problem solving skills, be able to handle multi-tasking, and work well in a team environment. High School Diploma or equivalent is required. The application process will include various assessments.
Individuals with basic computer, electrical, mechanical, and/or PLC programming skills are encouraged to apply.
Starting compensation is $18.03/hour plus an additional shift differential of $1.28/hour for working a 12 hour night and day rotational schedule. We are a promote from within company that trains and develops our people to enable them to explore various career opportunities which give Plant Technicians a potential to earn up to $33.26/hr.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a Profit Sharing Plan, Family Benefits (such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid Maternity/Parental Leave, and Adoption Assistance), Paid Vacation/Holidays, and much more.
Apply online at: https://www.pgcareers.com/job/dover/plant-technician-manufacturing/936/16400665 for this specific position.
What is Unlock the Block?
Unlock the Block is an initiative that serves as a catalyst to reduce vacancy and engage/support entrepreneurs in the Downtown Dover Business Improvement District, and specifically, first-floor commercial spaces on Loockerman Street and streets directly adjacent to Loockerman.
This initiative encourages economic revitalization, facilitate re-development of first-floor commercial properties, and contribute to a vibrant downtown commercial district by securing owners of retail and professional goods and service businesses that have the capacity to serve/draw local and regional customers alike.
Whether you are an established business looking expand in, or into, downtown Dover, or are interested in the “Unlock the Block” process as it unfolds, let’s keep in touch!
Partners and Sponsors of Unlock the Block:
The City of Dover
Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce
Delaware Division of Small Business
Downtown Dover Partnership
NCALL/Restoring Central Dover
Small Business Development Center/Small Business Administration
Tru Capital (formerly First State Community Loan Fund)
EDGE GRANT PROGRAM
Give your small an edge by applying for an EDGE Grant!
Click here to learn more about the program, download a one-page brief
or start an application.
Click the link to view Delaware’s campaign “Options in DE” video and see how businesses can grow and create good-paying jobs in Delaware!
STARTING A BUSINESS IN DELAWARE?
Get everything you need in one click: https://onestop.delaware.gov/
INTRODUCTION TO THE I-95 CORRIDOR REHABILITATION PROJECT
Click below to see specific details regarding a 3-year project scheduled to begin in 2021.
Business and Real Estate
Central Delaware offers diversified occupations for individuals with skills and many programs designed to train employees to meet certain job requirements. also, courses are offered at vocational school districts and colleges featured elsewhere in this publication.
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, DIVISION OF EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING
The Division provides the following services to job seekers:
- Computerized Job Search System: For conducting job searches both locally in Delaware and nationally; as well as to input directly into the Internet. This helps employers find qualified applicants and applicants find jobs for which they qualify. The job hot line, (302) 739-4434, provides a recording which lists current job openings in Kent County anytime day or night.
- Resource Room with computers, printers, fax machines and copiers to develop, write, print, copy and fax resumes and cover letters. Also included are newspapers, videos, computer tutorial and other aids to assist in the job search process.
- Job Seeking Skills Workshops to teach job searching strategies, resume development, cover letter writing and interviewing techniques.
- Job Training Program which offer free class related training to individuals who are not job ready or who need additional assistance to obtain a better job.
- Veteran Services: Specialized veterans representative available to assist veterans with their employment needs.
- Apprenticeship & Training which offers free, related-classroom instruction in appreciable occupations resulting in Journey Worker Certification.
The Department of Labor is located at Carroll’s Corner Shopping Center, 1114 South DuPont Highway, Dover.
Visit joblink.delaware.gov for more information.
SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
The SCSEP is a Training to Work program for seniors age 55 and over who meet certain income requirements and live in Kent County. It provides work experience and training in useful part-time employment at non-profit or public organizations in Kent County. For information, call The Modern Maturity Center at (302) 734-1200, ext. 145.
To inquire about positions available with the State of Delaware, call 1-800-345-178 (in-state) or (302) 739-7750 (outside of Delaware) or visit the State Personnel Office at the Townsend Building, 401 Federal Street, Suite 5, Dover, for current job listings.
To contact Kent County’s Personnel Office, call (302) 744-2310.
CITY OF DOVER
To contact City of Dover’s Human Resources Office, call (302) 736-7073.
Unemployment compensation is available if you qualify. Contact the Department of Labor Division of Unemployment Insurance at (302) 739-5461.