From starting a business to looking for employees to training opportunities, your CDCC is here to assist you and connect you to the services you need!
Are you actively hiring? Are you searching for people to build your team?
Are you looking for a job? Are you interested in a new position?
Special Programs and Opportunities
Unlock the Block is an initiative that serves as a catalyst to reduce vacancy and engage/support entrepreneurs in the Downtown Dover Business Improvement District, and specifically, first-floor commercial spaces on Loockerman Street and streets directly adjacent to Loockerman.
This initiative encourages economic revitalization, facilitate re-development of first-floor commercial properties, and contribute to a vibrant downtown commercial district by securing owners of retail and professional goods and service businesses that have the capacity to serve/draw local and regional customers alike.
Whether you are an established business looking expand in, or into, downtown Dover, or are interested in the “Unlock the Block” process as it unfolds, let’s keep in touch!
Partners and Sponsors of Unlock the Block:
The City of Dover
Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce
Delaware Division of Small Business
Downtown Dover Partnership
NCALL/Restoring Central Dover
Small Business Development Center/Small Business Administration
Tru Capital (formerly First State Community Loan Fund)
+ + + + +
EDGE GRANT PROGRAM
Give your small business an edge by applying for an EDGE Grant!
Click here to learn more about the program, download a one-page brief or start an application.
Interested in Starting a Business in Delaware?
Get everything you need in one click: https://onestop.delaware.gov/
What can you do on One Stop?
- Register, renew or manage a business license with the Division of Revenue
- Report hiring, determine employer liability with the Division of Unemployment Insurance and provide proof of insurance to the Office of Workers’ Compensation
- Open a new location or license with the Division of Revenue
- Register a Withholding Account with the Division of Revenue
- Create certain business entity formation or registration documents for submission to the Division of Corporations
- Close a business license with the Division of Revenue
- Save your progress
- View your account dashboard
+ + + + +
Delaware is an ideal location to start or expand a business! Visit Choose Central Delaware to learn what the First State has to offer!
To discover the benefits of doing business in Kent County, view the testimonial videos below from two premiere companies in Central Delaware:
+ + + + +
In business? Starting a business? Expanding your current business? Open for Business is a FREE business development session designed to encourage and support small business throughout the state. Each meeting provides existing and startup businesses a one-stop-shop to access the various organizations, agencies, and resource partners who assist small businesses in Delaware. Come join the small business community and resource partners in your county and take advantage of this FREE Open for Business event. Walk-ins are Welcome!
For more information about this amazing CDCC Program, Click Here!
Special Announcements related to Business in Delaware
Introduction to the I-95 Corridor Rehabilitation Project
Click image below to see specific details regarding a 3-year project scheduled to begin in 2021:
Resources for Doing Business in Delaware:
Business and Real Estate
Central Delaware offers diversified occupations for individuals with skills and many programs designed to train employees to meet certain job requirements. also, courses are offered at vocational school districts and colleges featured elsewhere in this publication.
The Division provides the following services to job seekers:
- Computerized Job Search System: For conducting job searches both locally in Delaware and nationally; as well as to input directly into the Internet. This helps employers find qualified applicants and applicants find jobs for which they qualify. The job hot line, (302) 739-4434, provides a recording which lists current job openings in Kent County anytime day or night.
- Resource Room with computers, printers, fax machines and copiers to develop, write, print, copy and fax resumes and cover letters. Also included are newspapers, videos, computer tutorial and other aids to assist in the job search process.
- Job Seeking Skills Workshops to teach job searching strategies, resume development, cover letter writing and interviewing techniques.
- Job Training Program which offer free class related training to individuals who are not job ready or who need additional assistance to obtain a better job.
- Veteran Services: Specialized veterans representative available to assist veterans with their employment needs.
- Apprenticeship & Training which offers free, related-classroom instruction in appreciable occupations resulting in Journey Worker Certification.
The Department of Labor is located at Carroll’s Corner Shopping Center, 1114 South DuPont Highway, Dover.
Visit joblink.delaware.gov for more information.
The SCSEP is a Training to Work program for seniors age 55 and over who meet certain income requirements and live in Kent County. It provides work experience and training in useful part-time employment at non-profit or public organizations in Kent County. For information, call The Modern Maturity Center at (302) 734-1200, ext. 145.
To inquire about positions available with the State of Delaware, call 1-800-345-178 (in-state) or (302) 739-7750 (outside of Delaware) or visit the State Personnel Office at the Townsend Building, 401 Federal Street, Suite 5, Dover, for current job listings.
To contact Kent County’s Personnel Office, call (302) 744-2310.
To contact City of Dover’s Human Resources Office, call (302) 736-7073.
Unemployment compensation is available if you qualify. Contact the Department of Labor Division of Unemployment Insurance at (302) 739-5461.