As business owners, you are involved in the rigors of day-to-day management, there is little time to stay abreast of new and/or changing legislation – or to fully grasp the impact that developing laws can have on your business. Two lobbyists work on behalf of CDCC Members reviewing and critiquing potential effects of legislation at all levels and alert business owners on impending changes. We are your voice in developing business-friendly legislation.
- Candidate Profiles – The CDCC conducts interviews with candidates running for office to communicate to members their positions on legislative issues affecting business. Profiles are published prior to elections in the Chamber Connections Newspaper and online. Click here to view interviews.
- Legislative Alerts & Calls to Action – Communication tools used to inform members of current legislation and to garner grass roots action.
- Legislative Affairs Committee – Tracks and educates business owners on the current legislative bills.
- Legislative Liaison Taskforce – Chamber members who meet to discuss specific issues at all levels of Government.
- Legislative Luncheon – An annual Chamber event that provides members with direct interaction with legislators on current legislative bills that will affect their business. Click here to view the 19th Annual Virtual Legislative Luncheon.
- Lobbyists – The CDCC has 2 lobbyists who track legislation at the Federal, State, County and Municipal levels.
Scott Kidner, Chair, Legislative Affairs
Judy Diogo, CDCC Consultant