“Delaware was ranked second in the country for small business friendliness, according to a survey conducted by Thumbtack, the web and app company that connects companies with business talent across the United States.”
Click the link to view Delaware’s campaign “Options in DE” video and see how businesses can grow and create good-paying jobs in Delaware!
Business and Real Estate
Central Delaware offers diversified occupations for individuals with skills and many programs designed to train employees to meet certain job requirements. also, courses are offered at vocational school districts and colleges featured elsewhere in this publication.
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, DIVISION OF EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING
The Division provides the following services to job seekers:
- Computerized Job Search System: For conducting job searches both locally in Delaware and nationally; as well as to input directly into the Internet. This helps employers find qualified applicants and applicants find jobs for which they qualify. The job hot line, (302) 739-4434, provides a recording which lists current job openings in Kent County anytime day or night.
- Resource Room with computers, printers, fax machines and copiers to develop, write, print, copy and fax resumes and cover letters. Also included are newspapers, videos, computer tutorial and other aids to assist in the job search process.
- Job Seeking Skills Workshops to teach job searching strategies, resume development, cover letter writing and interviewing techniques.
- Job Training Program which offer free class related training to individuals who are not job ready or who need additional assistance to obtain a better job.
- Veteran Services: Specialized veterans representative available to assist veterans with their employment needs.
- Apprenticeship & Training which offers free, related-classroom instruction in appreciable occupations resulting in Journey Worker Certification.
The Department of Labor is located at Carroll’s Corner Shopping Center, 1114 South DuPont Highway, Dover.
Visit joblink.delaware.gov for more information.
SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
The SCSEP is a Training to Work program for seniors age 55 and over who meet certain income requirements and live in Kent County. It provides work experience and training in useful part-time employment at non-profit or public organizations in Kent County. For information, call The Modern Maturity Center at (302) 734-1200, ext. 145.
To inquire about positions available with the State of Delaware, call 1-800-345-178 (in-state) or (302) 739-7750 (outside of Delaware) or visit the State Personnel Office at the Townsend Building, 401 Federal Street, Suite 5, Dover, for current job listings.
To contact Kent County’s Personnel Office, call (302) 744-2310.
CITY OF DOVER
To contact City of Dover’s Human Resources Office, call (302) 736-7073.
Unemployment compensation is available if you qualify. Contact the Department of Labor Division of Unemployment Insurance at (302) 739-5461.